Terry Kane, BPHE, BSC(PT)
Founder / Owner , OrthopaedicsCanada.com Network
About Terry Kane
A graduate of the University of Toronto, former Canadian Olympic Hockey Team and Calgary Flames physiotherapist, Terry Kane has over 30 years of clinical experience in diagnosing and designing evidenced based rehab programs for thousands of orthopaedic patients, including over 500 Olympic and professional athletes.
In addition to his clinical work, Terry owns and operates Canada’s largest network of over 40 national and local orthopaedic websites, under the umbrella of www.OrthopaedicsCanada.com
Working alongside some of the top orthopaedic surgeons and sports medicine physicians in Canada and the United States, Terry has over 30 years of clinical experience in;
- Designing safe, appropriate and progressive non-surgical evidence-based treatment and rehab exercise plans for patients with MSK conditions,
- Conducting triage assessments and determining whether advanced diagnostic imaging or a surgical consult is indicated,
- Early identification and management of patients at high risk for chronic pain
- Designing appropriate post-surgical rehab exercise programs.
- Served as Head Physical Therapist for the Calgary Flames and Canada’s Olympic Men’s Ice Hockey Team,
- Lectured internationally on exercise based rehabilitation for over twenty years (i.e. American College of Sports Medicine, etc)
- Lectured on physical therapy for the University of Calgary Department of Orthopaedics (Glen Edwards Day) as well as Department of Continuing Medical Education (Telemedicine Rounds).
- Served as Injury Analysis Consultant to the National Hockey League’s Injury Analysis Panel.
- A contributing developer & instructor of a MainPro-C Course on “Chronic Pain for Family Physicians” for the University of Calgary Department of Continuing Medical Education.
- Served as a contributing author “Foundations of Personal Training”: Human Kinetics, 2008 (ISBN-13:9781450441322)
- Served as editorial peer reviewer for the Physician and Sportsmedicine, the Clinical Journal of Sports Medicine and Pain Research and Management Journal.
Terry Kane’s Professional Goals
- To deliver the highest standard of diagnostic assessments, evidence-based treatment and exercise based rehabilitation for patients on behalf of referring physicians and surgeons.
- To improve the standard of care in the multidisciplinary management of musculoskeletal conditions in Canada through improved triaging and adoption of evidence-based clinical care pathways.
- To leverage web-based technologies to improve the standard of evidence-based care among healthcare professionals in the non-surgical management of musculoskeletal conditions as well as post-surgical rehabilitation (www.orthopaedicprotocols.com)
- To leverage web-based technologies to improve public awareness of evidence-based clinical pathways in the self-management of musculoskeletal conditions and prevention of chronic pain.
Career Path | Background
- Physical Therapist, Terry Kane Physical Therapy (2000 – present)
- Physical Therapist, Calgary West Central Primary Care Network ( August 2014 – March 2016)
- Founder, Owner, OrthopaedicsCanada.com Network (2008 – present)
- Founder, Owner, OrthopaedicProtocols.com (2008 – present)
- Physical Therapist, Copeman Healthcare, (2008 – 2011)
- Physical Therapist, Alberta Health Services, Calgary Chronic Pain Centre (2005 – 2008)
- Injury Analysis Consultant, National Hockey League (2000-2004)
- Physical Therapist, Calgary Flames (1995 – 2000)
- Owner, Physical Therapist, Achilles Physiotherapy Clinic (1993 – 1995)
- Physical Therapist, University of Calgary Sports Medicine Centre, (1990 – 1993)
- Physical Therapist, McMahon Stadium Sports Physiotherapy Clinic (1988 – 1990)
- Physical Therapist, Canadian Men’s Olympic Hockey Team (1985 – 1988)
- University of Toronto, Bachelor of Sciences (Physical Therapy) (1982-1985)
- University of Toronto, Bachelor of Physical and Health Education (1977-1981)