- “Have I been accurately diagnosed?”
- “How long should it take for my injury to get better?”
- “Do I really need more treatments if they aren’t helping?”
- “Is there anything else I can do at home to get better?”
- “Are there exercises or activities that I should or shouldn’t be doing?”
- “Do I really need an MRI and will it make any difference?“
- “Are there other non-surgical options that could help me?”
- Will a brace or support help reduce my pain or prevent re-injury?”
- “If I need to see a surgeon, what surgeon should I see for my problem?”
Terry Kane answers these questions for patients everyday.
Former Canadian Olympic Hockey Team and Calgary Flames Physiotherapist Terry Kane has over 30 years of clinical experience in diagnosing, treating and designing rehab programs for thousands of orthopaedic patients, including over 500 Olympic and professional athletes.
Terry is also the founder of the OrthopaedicsCanada.com network – Canada’s National Orthopaedic Surgeon Directory. Scroll down to learn about Terry.
Terry offers unhurried, one hour triage assessments within 7 days and with no physician referral required.
At the end of your assessment with Terry;
If Terry believes that you don’t need an MRI or won’t be offered surgery, he’ll explain why he thinks so and recommend the most evidenced-based and home-based treatment plan for your condition so you can see improvement.
If Terry believes you need to see a surgeon or specialist, he’ll write a detailed written referral letter to your family physician and the most appropriate surgeon or specialist for your condition.
Please note: Whether a patient is offered an appointment with a surgeon or a specialist is a decision that only a surgeon or specialist can make (i.e Terry cannot accelerate a surgical or specialist appointment.) Terry has no business relationship with any surgeon or orthopaedic clinic in Calgary – no conflict of interest to disclose – all assessments are independent.
Put Terry Kane’s Experience to Work for You.
About Terry Kane
A graduate of the University of Toronto, former Olympic and National Hockey League Physiotherapist Terry Kane has over 30 years of international experience in diagnosing, treating and designing rehab programs for thousands of orthopaedic patients, including over 500 Olympic and professional athletes.
Working with some of the top orthopaedic surgeons and sports medicine physicians in Canada and United States Terry has 30 years of clinical experience in;
- Designing safe, appropriate and progressive non-surgical treatment and rehab plans for patients with MSK conditions,
- Conducting triage assessments and determining whether advanced diagnostic imaging or a surgical consult is indicated,
- Early identification and management of patients at high risk for chronic pain
- Designing appropriate post-surgical rehab programs.
In addition to his clinical experience in Orthopaedics, Terry has;
- Served as Head Physical Therapist for the Calgary Flames and Canada’s Olympic Men’s Ice Hockey Team,
- Lectured internationally on exercise based rehabilitation for over twenty years (American College of Sports Medicine, etc)
- Lectured on physical therapy for the University of Calgary Department of Orthopaedics as well as Department of Continuing Medical Education
- Served as injury analysis consultant to the National Hockey League,
- A contributing developer & instructor of a MainPro-C Course on “Chronic Pain for Family Physicians” for the University of Calgary Department of Continuing Medical Education.
- A contributing author “Foundations of Personal Training”: Human Kinetics, 2008 (ISBN-13:9781450441322)
- Served as editorial peer reviewer for the Physician and Sportsmedicine, the Clinical Journal of Sports Medicine and Pain Research and Management Journal.
Terry Kane’s Professional Goals
(1) To deliver the highest standard of diagnostic assessments, evidence-based treatment and exercise based rehabilitation for patients on behalf of referring physicians and surgeons.
(2) To improve the standard of care in the multidisciplinary management of musculoskeletal conditions in Canada through improved triaging and adoption of evidence-based clinical care pathways.
(3) To leverage web-based technologies to improve the standard of evidence-based care among healthcare professionals in the non-surgical management of musculoskeletal conditions as well as post-surgical rehabilitation (www.orthopaedicprotocols.com)
(4) To leverage web-based technologies to improve public awareness of evidence-based clinical pathways in the self-management of musculoskeletal conditions and prevention of chronic pain.
Career Path | Background
- Physical Therapist, Calgary West Central Primary Care Network ( August 2014 – March 2016)
- Founder, Owner, OrthopaedicsCanada.com Network (2008 – present)
- Founder, Owner, OrthopaedicProtocols.com (2008 – present)
- Physical Therapist, Terry Kane Physical Therapy (2000 – present)
- Physical Therapist, Copeman Healthcare, (2008 – 2011)
- Physical Therapist, Alberta Health Services, Calgary Chronic Pain Centre (2005 – 2008)
- Injury Analysis Consultant, National Hockey League (2000-2004)
- Physical Therapist, Calgary Flames (1995 – 2000)
- Owner, Physical Therapist, Achilles Physiotherapy Clinic (1993 – 1995)
- Physical Therapist, University of Calgary Sports Medicine Centre, (1990 – 1993)
- Physical Therapist, McMahon Stadium Sports Physiotherapy Clinic (1988 – 1990)
- Physical Therapist, Canadian Men’s Olympic Hockey Team (1985 – 1988)
- University of Toronto, Bachelor of Sciences (Physical Therapy) (1982-1985)
- University of Toronto, Bachelor of Physical and Health Education (1977-1981)
For more information on Terry Kane’s career path, click here.