What to expect from Terry Kane
- Terry only sees one patient per hour to ensure he has time to;
- Conduct an unhurried physical examination,
- Provide an accurate and reliable diagnosis,
- Educate you on how your injury heals and how long it takes,
- Educate you on safe and appropriate exercises / activities,
- Answer all your questions
- Design a home-based rehab exercise program.
- Face-to-face follow up appointments with Terry are not required.
- Terry does provide telephone and videoconferencing follow up appointments but only for those he has assessed face-to-face already.
- Terry is a male physiotherapist. To conduct a physical examination, he will have to physically touch you. You are welcome to bring a friend or family member to your appointment. If you would prefer to see a female physiotherapist, we would invite you to contact another physiotherapy clinic.
- Patients are invited to bring a friend or family member to any appointment.
- Minor-aged patients must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times.
- Terry believes the success of physiotherapy isn’t based on how many appointments you have.
- Terry believes that a patient who is (a) well educated on their condition and (b) executes a well-designed home treatment/rehab program can become their own therapist and achieve success without requiring clinic based treatments.
- Terry believes that exercise is the single most effective treatment method to improve strength, range of motion, and function.
- If Terry believes you need specific tests or would benefit from seeing a specialist, he will write a referral letter on your behalf.
- Terry does not use electro modalities, needles or perform joint manipulations/adjustments. If you wish these treatments, we invite you to visit another physiotherapy clinic.
- At your appointment, you will be given an individualized rehab exercise program that is safe and appropriate for your condition and stage of tissue healing.
Terry sees patients with/for.
- Acute and chronic orthopaedic injuries/conditions (ligament & tendon injuries, osteoarthritis)
- Sports-related injuries
- Second opinions
Terry does NOT see patients with/for.
- Patients involved in any form of litigation,
- Patients on short or long term disability
- Patients with any injury resulting from a motor vehicle accident
- Patients with any injury resulting from a work-related accident.
COVID-19 Infection Control Measures
- Terry is a sole practitioner.
- He has no staff to interact with nor does he work with other physiotherapists in his clinic space.
- Terry only sees one patient per hour.
- All patients will be screened at the time of online booking for COVID-19 as well as immediately before every appointment, including a temperature check.
- If you are experiencing any feelings of being unwell on the day of your scheduled appointment, we would request that you cancel your appointment and reschedule when you are feeling well.
- If Terry is feeling unwell, for any reason, on the day of your scheduled appointment, he will contact you immediately to reschedule an appointment.
- All patients will be required to wear a mask at all times and use hand sanitizer before, during, and after an appointment as indicated.
Booking an appointment.
- Terry only sees private patients, face-to-face, two half days a week.
- All appointments are booked online (click the button below to book an appointment).
- Face-to-face initial appointment = $100 (no GST)
- Face-to-face follow up appointment (30 minutes) = $50 (no GST)
- Telehealth follow up appointment (30 minutes) = $25 (no GST)
- If you are unhappy with the service provided by Terry, we will refund your appointment fee in full.
- All services are private and payable at the time of your appointment.
- Payment is accepted online by e-transfer or PayPal. Click the button below to make a payment.
- Receipts will be provided to patients for submission to any extended health insurance program.
- The Academy Building, 637 – 11th Avenue SW, Calgary, T2R 0E3
- Free parking is available in the parking lot surrounding the building