About Terry Kane
Terry Kane is a graduate of the University of Toronto (1985) and is one of Canada’s most experienced Orthopaedic and Sports physiotherapists with over 35 years of clinical experience.
After graduating from U of T, Terry moved to Calgary in 1985 to become the team physiotherapist for Canada’s Men’s National Hockey Team in preparation for the 1988 Winter Olympics in Calgary. Between 1985 and 1988, Terry travelled internationally to tournaments in Moscow, Leningrad, Switzerland, Japan, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Canada, United States and ultimately the Olympics in Calgary.
After the Olympics, Terry was hired to the University of Calgary Sport Medicine Centre where he worked with some of Canada’s most respected orthopaedic surgeons, sports medicine physicians as well as some of Canada’s best athletes. It was during this time that Terry met his mentor, orthopaedic surgeon Dr. Cy Frank (1949-2015).
In 1995, Terry returned to hockey with the Calgary Flames Hockey Team as team physiotherapist where he travelled with the team and was responsible for the management and rehabilitation of all injuries.
In 2001, Terry was hired by the National Hockey League (NHL) as an analyst to the NHL Injury Analysis Panel where he was responsible for auditing monthly injury data from all 30 teams and preparing reports for league officials and the panel. This objective data was instrumental in helping the league to make informed decisions to improve player safety.
In 2004, Terry left the world of professional sports to spend more time with his family and to focus on orthopaedic injury rehabilitation and chronic pain management (see below)
- Alberta Health Services (current position)
- The Calgary Chronic Pain Centre
- The Calgary West Central Primary Care Network
- Community NeuroRehab Services
- Served as an Editorial Peer Reviewer for the Physician and Sportsmedicine and the Clinical Journal of Sports Medicine Journals
- Lectured at;
- The University of Calgary Department of Continuing Medical Education (Calgary Chronic Pain Conferences)
- The University of Calgary Department of Orthopaedics (Glen Edwards Day)
- As well as lectured at international health and fitness conferences in Canada, United States, China, Australia, United Kingdom, Germany, Thailand.
- Internet Development
- In 2012, Terry founded OrthopaedicsCanada.com Network which is Canada’s only public access national directory of over 1000 surgeons and 150 patient educational videos. OrthopaedicsCanada.com is ten years old is now visited by over 10,000 visitors every month.
Terry currently offers virtual (videoconference) and face to face appointments.
The limitation of a virtual appointment is the inability to physically examine patients – this can impact the accuracy of any recommendations that Terry may make. On the other hand, if you already have seen a physician and have a diagnosis – then a virtual appointment may be all you need.
If you are an Alberta resident,18 years old or older and would like to videoconference or see Terry face-to-face, please click the button below to book an appointment.
Important: Please note that Terry does not see the following groups of patients patients;
- Patients with injuries resulting from work accidents (WCB)
- Patients with injuries resulting from motor vehicle accidents .
- Patients on short or long term disability insurance,
- Patients who have retained lawyers for possible medical-legal litigation.